Post-Disaster Housing Forum hosted by the House Transportation & Infrastructure (T&I) Subcommittee on Economic development, Public Buildings & Emergency Management:
DRCA participated in a Post Disaster Housing Forum on June 23rd, 2022 hosted by Rep. Dina Titus (D-NV), Chairman of the House T&I Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings & Emergency Management. In addition to Rep. Titus, Congressman Garret Graves (R-LA) and John Garamendi (D-CA) participated in the forum as well.
DRCA, along with the following panelists from FEMA, the State of CA, and others discussed specific ways to improve America’s ability to provide post-disaster housing to those in need efficiently and effectively on a short, medium and longer term basis.
- Mark Misczak, Chief Operating Officer, Tidal Basin Group, on Behalf of the Disaster Recovery Coalition of America
- Melissa Forbes, PhD, Assistant Administrator, Office of Response and Recovery, Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Mark Ghilarducci, Director, California Office of Emergency Services, On behalf of the National Emergency Management Association
- Christa López, PhD, Specialist Leader, Deloitte, On behalf of the International Association of Emergency Mangers
- Sarah Saadian, Senior Vice President, National Low Income Housing Coalition
- Amy King, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Pallet Shelter